Bitchy, and About to Snap (a meditation)
I want share a funny way (or embarrassing…ridiculous…genius way???) I use meditation. Many years ago, when I was still in the corporate space, I created a meditation I call “Bitchy, and About to Snap,” and it TOTALLY WORKS!
Because no matter how patient and kind you are, we all have those moments where we feel like our horns are going to prevail over our halo. And it may or may not have aaaaaanything to do with the person in front of us.
I had one of those moments last month. I noticed myself starting to get snippy, and I had a quick choice to make. Collect myself or potentially hurt someone’s feelings and ruin the day. I chose to pull it together using my trusted meditation, Bitchy, and About to Snap.
I didn’t have a lot of time, so I did it for about three to five minutes while standing in the bathroom. And my whole energy shifted. The inner edge I felt was gone and replaced with a sense of calmness! Magic.
Since it’s sooooo easy and sooooo effective, I want to share it with you, just in case ;). Here’s how it goes….
- Grab a few moments of privacy and close your eyes. (Bathroom is always an option, but if you absolutely can’t find privacy, you can still do it…just do it in your mind with your eyes open wherever you are.)
- Take a few deep breaths and really concentrate on and connect with your breath as you send it all the way down to your belly.
- As you inhale, in your mind repeat what you’d like to feel (peace, patience, love, whatever). Imagine that energy entering your body with each inhale.
- As you exhale, in your mind repeat what you’d like to release (impatience, bitchiness, crabbiness, whatever). Imagine that energy exiting your body with each inhale.
- Repeat this cycle anywhere from 3-10 minutes, until you feel a shift in your energy.
- Regarding breath, you can breathe either through your nose or your mouth, whichever you prefer. Sometimes breathing through your mouth can feel like you’re pushing the crap you want to release powerfully out of your system. Your choice!
OK, now you know one of the many ways I apply the power of meditation and make it work in my life! Let me know how it goes if you have the opportunity to test it out!
Molly Hamill, MA, is a certified life coach, Kundalini yogini and mediation enthusiast. She works with people around the country helping them lose their stress and feel their best. After recovering from her own health journey (Hashimoto's Hypothyroiditis, Adrenal Fatigue, and Leaky Gut), she is especially passionate about helping others establish mindsets and habits that support their health and happiness. For more information about Molly, get her weekly emails (sign up in green bar below), follow her on her Instagram and Facebook page, or chat with her in her private Facebook group, where she posts daily to help keep you connected with truth, dreams and desires. Prior to breaking free of the 9-5 life, she was an award-winning human resources executive for a national healthcare company.