Meditation to Connect with Your Thyroid
I was doing “all the right things” to heal my thyroid, adrenals and gut, but nothing was changing. Along the way I realized my body wasn’t budging until I began rebuilding my relationship with it. It needed to trust me – and to trust I wouldn’t return to my old ways -which had contributed to my health condition in the first place.
Through meditation, I started rebuilding my relationship with my thyroid. My intention was to:
- Listen to anything my body/thyroid had to say. During meditation, messages were given to me in the form of images, insights and most especially emotions. I realized there were a lot of trapped emotions lingering in this area of my body that were ready to be released! While it can feel uncomfortable in the moment, the relief and healing you feel after makes it so worth it.
- Let my thyroid know I am focusing on it and loving it. For years I had ignored my body and focused on everything else. Like rebuilding any relationship, I used this time to let my body know I was there for it and finally focused on it. During meditation, I’d repeat phrases like, I love you, thank you. Because my thyroid – just like yours – wants to give you its all and gives the best it possibly can in every moment.
- Visualize sending beautiful healing light to my thyroid. Our thyroid is located in our throat chakra, which is associated with the color turquoise, and it is shaped like a butterfly. On days when I didn’t hear any “messages” from my thyroid, I would simply visualize a beautiful turquoise butterfly flying in front of me, surrounded by white light.
Some meditation practices I recommend:
- Do this meditation is a comfortable, relaxing and safe space.
- Notice how you feel before the meditation and the after the meditation. What shifted? What still needs shifting
- I’d recommend spending a few minutes after the meditation journaling your feelings. The few minutes after your meditation are a great time to do some extra releasing. Keep a journal close by! While the mediation is 10 minutes, I left the background music running for an extra five minutes so that you can continue your relaxing experience while journaling.
- Do this daily if you can!
I hope this meditation serves you as it served me in reconnecting with my body!
If you’re interested in learning more about the thyroid, join me on my webinar series this month, 1/18, 1/25, and 2/1. Click here to register! Or, get on my waitlist for Happy to Heal, beginning in February!
Best wishes to you and your thyroid!